Braces aren't just for kids anymore. Tooth alignment can be changed at any age if your gums and bone structure are healthy. Orthodontic treatment can help boost your self-confidence, giving you a better quality of life and the freedom to smile without holding back!
Common reasons why adults are considering orthodontic treatment:
- Desire for a healthier mouth and a more confident smile
- A bad bite or malocclusion, causing teeth to fit together incorrectly
- Teeth are crowded or spaced apart, possibly causing tooth decay or gum disease.
- Patients with straighter teeth are less likely to get gum disease. Teeth that are properly aligned are easier to keep clean with flossing and brushing, and may help prevent other health problems.
- Over time teeth has become worn down and shifted into different positions that can only be corrected with orthodontic care. Missing teeth can cause other teeth to shift and tilt, creating a bad bite and increasing the possibility of gum disease.
- Abnormal jaw pain (TMJ disorders), or pressure that is caused by bad bite
Treatment options for adults
Good news! The new techniques and appliances we use greatly reduce discomfort levels, decrease the frequency of visits, shorten treatment time and may allow you to choose from several options
During the initial examination, Dr. Julia Starobinets will be able to determine the best possible treatment for your individual needs. During this initial examination, she can outline the treatment plan, time of treatment expected and the approximate cost.
Types of braces include:
- Clear braces
- Self-ligating braces
- Lingual (behind the tooth) braces
- Traditional metal braces
A large percentage of our patients are adults, and they agree that it's never too late to improve their greatest asset - their smile.
To learn more about the benefits of adult orthodontics please contact our practice to schedule an appointment. We understand that you have a busy schedule, and we will work with you to make sure each office visit is as convenient as possible.